Intelliosity

I don't know if anyone has been noticing, but I have been playing around with different styles with the comic strips of late. Sometimes it's the way characters are drawn, sometimes it's the coloring. This week it was the inking. Most of the time I use a brush or a dip pen, but with the three that I'll be putting up this week I used a Pigma Micron 08. These used to be my favorite pens but I haven't really used them much in the last few years. You can see that I figured out how to represent my hair on panel three. The first two panels it looks a little rough.

And...

NEXT BOOK!

Things go slowly as always, but what I really want to do is to encourage all my friends to give me a hard time about it. Even if you aren't my friend, you can give me a hard time about it. Tell me to get cracking. Tell me I'll never be successful if I don't sit down and do the work. Tell me to put my nose to the grindstone. Tell me to straighten up and fly right. Tell me to knuckle down. And if you ask me how the book is going and I give some mumbled excuse, feel free to give me a good shake, or a punch, or a kick and chide me for my laziness.

I'm serious. Everybody. Do it.

Comments

VsTheBadGuys said…
Yeah, so, I'm WAITING for your next book. What'supwiththat?
Anonymous said…
Yes, yes, yes. I have been slacking, but I have been good the last three days. I have put in solid time working in the sketchbook. I'm approaching the climax! At least, in the sketchbook, and then there will be revisions and rewrites and then the final draft! I'm plugging away!