The Dailies

I just got back from a great weekend in Main at MeCAF. I rode up on Saturday with my friends Shelli, Brayden and Zack (Zack and I were not friends before this trip but it has now become official on Facebook), drank a mess of free beer at the Shipyard Brewery and got myself all good and tired out for the convention on Sunday.

It was a good show, but I did learn what kid-friendly really means. Before I went, everyone was telling me that the show was kid-friendly and I thought, "Yeah, yeah, there's nothing too offensive in my comics. It'll be no big deal." However, the first time a five year old picks up one of your comics you realize what kid-friendly really means. Comics about relationships: not kid-friendly. Comics about Turkmenistan: not kid friendly. Irony: not kid friendly. Grammar jokes: not kid-friendly.

Fortunately, I had plenty of dancing Star Wars characters, and Star Wars is about as kid-friendly as you can get (well, except for talking animals). I also did free sketches and found myself drawing lizard-monkeys.

And the comics from the last seven days:




Comments