Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Cold Wind

Here are few pages from this comic I've been working on (not in sequence). This is the first comic I've worked on where I haven't written the story as well. It was written by Dan Mazur, one of the cool people at the Boston Comics Roundtable.

One of the things I've really enjoyed doing as a part of working with somebody else's script is getting to flex some comic booking muscles that I don't normally use. I haven't really done too much in the way of action comics. There just hasn't been that much running, jumping or shooting in my comics. It's been cool to get a chance to get the action in there and crank out some extreme perspectives that would be totally inappropriate for the low concept stuff I normally draw.



Yeah, so I'll be feeling pretty good about my drawings, but then I'll look over at this guy's blog and just crap my pants.

Damn.


4 comments:

broomhead said...

Jesse, I love the mad shingles and brickwork on the ice fortress! Awesome shot of the guy jumping between rooftops, too!

Jesse Lonergan said...

Thanks, broomhead!

Richard Jenkins & Dan Mazur said...

Beautiful compositions and a great balance of detailares/solid ares of white & black.

Can't wait to see more.

Jesse Lonergan said...

Thanks, man! Glad you like it. I'll be coloring this as well (my first full color comic!) and I'll be posting those, too.