The Luddite Movement of 2014.

"I want to say one word to you. Just one word. Are you listening? Computers. There's a great future in computers. Think about it. Will you think about it?"

Which someone was probably saying the day I was born (today!), but I'm still fighting against thirty-five years later.

I like pens and paper, and using a computer to do artwork is something I've only done reluctantly. It's so easy with ink and paper. I have so much control. On the computer, I'm clueless. It makes me feel like grandpa.

But really, the advantages cannot be denied, and so, gingerly, I'm trying to make a move over to using a computer more. And the above represents my first comic panel done entirely on the computer. No scanning whatsoever, created entirely on a computer, and I kind of like the results, but I'm too embarrassed to even say how long it took me to do. I think it would be safe to say that it took me ten times longer than a comparable drawing would have taken on paper.

And in case you're wondering, this panel comes from some work I've been doing on a comic called The Sex Sex, which I'm hoping to have up and running as a webcomic type thing by sometime this summer.

Comments