It Just Happened.


Debuting at TCAF this year will be my newest book entitled This World Is Not For Burning. It's felt like a book that came together very easily and organically. Sometime in 2015, I began carrying around a little book that I would make up stories in. It fit in my back pocket, and I'd draw in it using a ball point pen. I tried very hard not to plan the stories very much. I would start with one panel and see where my mind took me. One book was filled and then another and another. In the end, I had approximately 400 pages of comics. My girlfriend and I sorted through and chose the ones we liked. I redrew those to make them a little more presentable. I was planning to self-publish the book and was working on setting that up when Swimmers Group out of Toronto contacted me about doing a book together. We agreed and now there is this book, and assuming no disasters it will be available mid-May.

It would be nice if everything could be this simple.

Recent reading...
Hilda and the Bird Parade by Luke Pearson
Age of Reptiles Omnibus by Ricardo Delgado
The Art of Comic Book Writing by Mark Kneece
The Greatest Joker Stories Ever Told edited by Mike Gold
Sacred Heart by Liz Suburbia
Street Angel by Jim Rugg

Recent watching...
Orphan Black
Tron: Uprising
Stretch and Bobbito: Radio That Changed Lives

Recent listening...
Tron: Legacy Soundtrack by Daft Punk
Illmatic by Nas
Wrestling Histories

Comments