Around September of last year, I started carrying little Moleskine sketchbooks, the kind you can fit in your back pocket, around with me wherever I went.  In them, whenever I had time, I would draw little comics that I made up as I went along. It was very good for building my confidence because I found that even with no plan interesting things would happen.  

I decided I would keep drawing them until June of this year. At that time, I had about eight of these books completely filled (each about 60 pages). My girlfriend and I went through and chose our favorite stories with the intention of putting them into a more finished readable form. We chose six stories, which ended up being roughly 200 pages.

Here's the beginnings of one of the chosen stories and some of the first finished pages:







My plan is to have a finished book by spring of 2017.

Comments