My God!

Picking up from last week.








Whew! Busy weekend! Went to New York to see my friends Patrick, Avani, Anaadi and Macaulay Culkin. I think that Culkin might have a crush on me. He texted me, like, three times on the bus ride home. I also went to the Brooklyn Comics and Graphics Festival as a fan (of course forgetting to bring any sort of postcards or business cards or anything), which was pretty cool. A lot of awesome comics and it was in a gymnasium. It totally looked like a science fair, only instead of lame old baking soda volcanoes (which really are pretty cool)(but you know what I mean) it was all wicked awesome comics.

And then today I was up in Manchester, New Hampshire at the New Hampshire Institute of Art, where I gave a little talk to Joel Gill's comic book class (I'm sure it has a much more sophisticated collegiate sounding name than "comic book class") about comics (like, duh), how I draw them, and how I got published. It was a lot of fun, and hopefully I said some worthwhile things. I also did some critiques of work, which can be a little difficult. It's not always easy to know what to say. You may see something, but will commenting on it help? What does this person with their art in your hands need to hear? What will help? What will hinder? What will make them cry? Will it help if they cry? Anyway, it was fun and we all had a good cry.


Comments

Aaron Fever said…
Granny A-Bomb? Brillant!