Jonathan Richman

The dailies are a little bit different this week. Instead of just making up a story with no ending in sight (see all recent posts), I just decided to do an appreciation of Jonathan Richman, starting on Monday and wrapping up on Sunday (ending in sight!).








And if you haven't heard Jonathan Richman, or if you have and just a few moments to listen to him some more, these are some of the songs mentioned in the comic.

Roadrunner.

Dancing in a Lesbian Bar.

Dignified and Old. This is me in high school.

Monologue about Bermuda. This is basically the story of this whole comic, only it leaves out how much I like Jonathan Richman.

New England.

He's the best.

Comments

Unknown said…
Hiya, you don’t seem to have any comments yet? So here is one for you, well it’s more of a little story...I’ve sort of rediscovered Jonathan very recently. I loved the early Modern Lovers but sort of lost track of him when he was singing about inserts, ice cream men etc. Then I stumbled on his song Velvet Underground when searching for the band. One song led to another and one year on I find it difficult to listen to anything else but Jonathan. One by one I am buying up his albums on vinyl. So I appreciate your sentiment and love your comic. I found it as I was looking for a picture of JC for a playlist I made on Apple Music of the songs called Jonathan Richman! Guess what there are 4, which is 4 more than I expected. Hope you don’t mind. Check out the Playlist it’s called “ Songs Called Jonathan Richman”. Unfortunately none are a good as the ones by the great man himself, but then what is? So now I am hoping to see Jonathan when he’s on tour in the UK or if by chance he plays a gig in San Francisco in December. I might even bump into him at a vegan cafe? David