Mid-Winter Mopes

I've kind of been bumming out lately. Perhaps it's simply winter and the short days getting to me. There is this frustration with all the work I do. I'll grow bored with one project and daydream about another project, but if I switch it up and decide to focus on the daydream project, the same boredom will set in. This results in my mind swinging back and forth from sketchbook to sketchbook, idea to idea, never holding on to one long enough to have anything come of it. I get bogged down, and I think that everything I've done is stupid.

I tell myself that I should just take a break and forget all this comic book stuff for awhile, but it's hard. I always want to be drawing. There are all these half ideas that ask to become full ideas.

And here's what I'm...

Reading:
I-Robot by Isaac Asimov
Babel-17 by Samuel R. Delany
Pluto Vol. 4-8 by Naoki Urasawa
Epoxy 3 by John Pham
Stray Bullets: Sunshine and Roses Issues 15-20 by David Lapham
Nobrow 8: Hysteria edited by Alex Spiro and Sam Arthur (I linked to Amazon because it's sold out on the Nobrow site, but everything they put out is super tight)

Watching:
Veep
Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Season 2
Batman Returns
Midnight Special

Listening:
Hideous Energy
Crimetown
Code Switch
Supergrass
Shamir
Heaven 17

Comments