Continued Geekitude

Total total geekiness. Sitting in front of a TV with the Star Wars DVD going (non-special edition, of course), piece of bristol board in my lap, rapidograph in one hand, remote control in the other. Freeze frame, fast forward, rewind, freeze frame, skip, freeze frame, super slow motion (cause the freeze frame gets a little pixelated sometimes), freeze frame.

I found myself wondering if all these images were truly iconic, or whether they were just iconic to me because I've seen Star Wars so many times. I think almost anyone could look at any of these drawings of the backgrounds and recognize which scene they're from. Hexagonal hallway, has to be the detention block. I don't think you could say the same with the prequels, but then I haven't bothered to watch the prequels so much. But what if it were the backgrounds from Indiana Jones? Would I recognize the bar that Karen Allen owns? I'm not so sure.

Blade Runner? I think I would definitely recognize the movie, but I'm not sure if I could place the scene.












Comments