Just Following the Lines

I love drawing, but there are times where I just get sick of the stuff that comes out of the tip of my pen, pencil, or brush. I get bogged down in getting anatomy right, telling a story, deciding whether something is funny or whether something is even worthwhile. I draw a lot, and it is easy for drawing to get routine. Dull. Where the next drawing is just another drawing. When I find my mind in that place, the only thing that seems to work is to just try to clear my mind and not think of anything and let my pen go wherever it wants to. No worrying about representation. No worrying about accuracy or anything. No pencils and no erasing. Just a pen. Just lines on paper in whatever form they may take.

I feel a whole lot better afterwards.

Comments

Sarah said…
I lovvvvve these grammar ones. Good for level 5!