The Boring Part

Finishing a project is always the hardest part for me. Mainly, this is because I also find it the most boring part of any project. All the inspiration, creativity, and experimentation are over and done with, which leaves only the details. At the moment, the detail I'm dealing with is blocking out colors. There are 134 pages that need to be blocked out, and it's just not fun and I don't want to do it. I want to do anything else. I want to start new projects. I want to revisit other projects. I want to become more informed about wine. I want to rearrange my apartment. I want to do anything that does not involve blocking colors.

My procrastination has taken on very complicated forms. Things that I normally procrastinate over, like giving the bathtub a good scrubbing, are now things that I use to procrastinate over blocking out colors.

And it's really not that hard. It's easy really. It's much easier than scrubbing a bathtub. It just involves sitting down and doing it.

And here's what I (possibly as a form of procrastination) am...

Reading:
Monster Vol. 7, 8, 9 - Naoki Urasawa
Pluto Vol. 1, 2 - Naoki Urasawa
Bloodchild and Other Stories - Octavia Butler

Watching:
Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade
Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull
The Boss
Sneaky Pete
Star Trek: The Next Generation
Veep
Buffy the Vampire Slayer

Listening:
Zombi
Rupaul What's the Tee
Talk is Jericho
Casefile

Comments