Character Design


Character design is something that I didn't worry too much about in the past. The comics I did in my twenties were all very much grounded in reality. They were about the people I met and knew, and so I felt like I could just take a look around me and there were my characters. This may simply have been me being lazy. What I am currently working on is very much fantasy, and because of that there is a need for more character design.

It's not easy for me. I'm not really sure how to measure the work I have done. If I sit and draw silhouettes for an hour or two and come up with nothing I like, is that actually work? It feels very much like waiting for lightning to strike.

Recent Reading
You & A Bike & A Road by Eleanor Davis
Dias De Consuelo #1 by Dave Ortega
Escapo by Paul Pope
Medieval War Scene by Aaron Cockle
Your Black Friend by Ben Passmore
Cyber Realm by Wren McDonald
Canopy by Karine Bernadou
Blammo #9 by Noah Van Sciver
Dune Lion by Morgan Criger
Crawl Space by Jesse Jacobs
They Live In Me by Jesse Jacobs
Musnet: The Mouse of Monet #1 by Kickliy
Crickets #6 by Sammy Harkham
Salmon, Run! by Mackenzie Schubert

Recent Watching
Empire
Logan
Mommy Dead and Dearest

Recent Listening
The Mo-Dettes
Suburban Lawns



Comments